Commenting on tendencies to manipulate religious "decisions," as opposed to making disciples, C.H. Spurgeon once wrote:
"If, for a moment, our improvements seem to produce a larger result than the old gospel, it will be the growth of mushrooms, it may even be of toadstools; but it is not the growth of trees of the Lord."
I ask all DPC'ers to take a moment now and pray for our ministries to our children and to our youth.
- that all leaders, teachers, and parents may grow deep in the things of Christ themselves, refusing to settle for spiritual shallowness or artificiality and truly forsaking the casual, cultural counterfeit version of Christianity
- that these ministries may be used of the Holy Spirit to produce genuine conversions
- that the Spirit will work powerfully in the hearts of our children and youth, producing mighty trees, not mushrooms and toadstools
- that these precious souls may grow up ready to "count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus"
- that they will grow into champions of God's truth and heralds of God's grace
- that they will faithfully persevere in Christ... which is the one grace you cannot fake
And may we persevere in these prayers, waiting for the Lord, with faith.
"Who knows but that prayers offered in faith remain yet to be answered." ~Iain Murray